What one man recently discovered in his yard while gardening was supposed to blossom into something a whole lot freakier than a plant. For anyone who’s even a little superstitious, it would basically be their worst nightmare.
1. While doing some planting in his garden, a Reddit user living in Costa Rica was startled when he struck something made of glass.
2. Over the next 20 minutes, he carefully dug the object out of the ground.
3. He wrote: “I figured it might be old money or drugs or even a time capsule.”
4. After pulling off the tape and removing the lid, though, he discovered something far more sinister lurking inside…
5. The first item he removed was an old photograph…
6. …of his landlord when she was younger. There was also a strand of fabric that looked like it had been torn from a dress, along with a piece of paper with writing on it.
7. After the landlord was notified, she said that the creepy discovery was likely left by the previous tenant.
8. She believed the writing was a curse left by that tenant for her, and she insisted on the objects being burned immediately.
9. After the fire died down, the landlord finally poured holy water on the ashes and in the hole. That should take care of any curses…hopefully.