Over several years designer Gianluca Gimini collected hundreds of drawings where his friends and strangers tried to draw a bicycle from memory and he started building realistic renderings of the bikes based on these sketches. Featured below are some of the funniest examples.
1. Giorgia, 32, Teacher
2. This one from 31-year-old Giorgia (who couldn’t remember her correct age) looks like it might even work, although the frame would probably be a bit flexible. But, it comes with mud guards, which is a bonus.
3. Martino, 27, Doctor
4. While this design also lacks frame strength, it seems very uncomfortable to sit on it.
5. Lee, Old Grandpa
6.This one is brilliant. A dual front fork. two disc wheels and a flag on the back! Excellent work from Grandpa Lee.
7. Fiorenza, 56, Administrative Assistant
8. This bike is made for people with really, really long hands.
9. Anna Rita, 27, Clerk
10. A stop light is great idea, but where is the front light?
11. Rosalba, 57
12. Rosalba’s bicycle features mudguards which stem directly from the frame
13. Anna, 24, Student
14. Can you imagine anyone pedal and steer this bike at the same time
15. Leonardo, 19, Student
16. This design by 19-year-od Leonardo looks fine in drawing form, but in real life it could be a bit unbalanced with your weight so far over the back wheel.
17. Alessandro, 30, Doctor
18. This one looks great fun. When you pedal you power both the front ant the back wheel. Plus, the single fork is very modern.
19. Massimo, 23, Student
20. This One Seems Off in Many Ways
21. Federico, 32, Professor
22. This bike has also a model number, professor Federico has thought about everything.
Images source: behance.net