Didn’t you know that toothpaste (despite its name) is for so much more than your teeth? It’s truly handy to have on hand (I pity the household – and their teeth – that has no toothpaste at all), because it is quite multi-functional. Here are a few ways you can get your toothpaste working extra hard for you
1. Oh no, a pen opened up in the pocket of your favorite shirt! This may or may not work, depending on the fabric and the ink, but it is certainly worth a try before consigning the shirt to the scrap bin.
2. Put non-gel toothpaste on the stain and rub the fabric vigorously together. Rinse with water. Did some of the ink come out? Great! Repeat the process a few more times until you get rid of all the ink. The same process works for lipstick.
3. Got scratches on your screen? Fingerprints on your phone also can be annoying.
4. Try removing them with some toothpaste. It won’t make the crack disappear, but it will seal it up and smooth it down.
5. Polish a diamond ring
6. Put a little toothpaste on an old toothbrush and use it to make your diamond ring sparkle instead of your teeth. Clean off the residue with a damp cloth.
7. Every parents had it. Pristine white walls. Beautiful smooth paint work. Before you know it there’s a wall of crayoned flowers and a bright green height chart with multiple annotations.
8. There’s a simple solution – toothpaste! Ease of those stubborn crayon marks with a little toothpaste, and it will look as good as new.
9. Remove a stain from the carpet
10. Rub toothpaste into the stain on the carpet with a toothbrush or sponge. Rinse with water and repeat until the stain comes up.
11. Car freshener. This one is really out there, but it might be worth a try.
12. Put a dab on a paper towel, crumple it up, and stick it under your car seat. Park somewhere in the sunshine, and the heat of the car will warm up the toothpaste and make your car smell minty-fresh.
13. Ouch! You cut yourself shaving and it’s no wonder—you can’t see your face clearly in that fogged-up bathroom mirror.
14. Next time, coat the mirror with non-gel toothpaste and wipe it off before you get in the shower. When you get out, the mirror won’t be fogged.
15. Having your dog get into a fight with a skunk can be bad, but the process of eliminating the smell can be worse. Especially when tomato juice fails.
16. Just wet down your dog’s coat with water and rub some toothpaste for about 5 minutes. Afterwards, just rinse him off with some water and your dog will be minty fresh.
Images source: providr.com